Understanding the Art Of Wheel Alignment And Its Cost In Dubai, UAE
15 April, 2020
Is your vehicle constantly pulling to one side? Is your wheel control has become abnormal? Don’t worry there is a problem in your wheels they need to be aligned to function properly, as they are regular in touch with roads, pot holes, speed bumps etc.
Best Car Repair Workshop in Dubai – Once your vehicle start getting older, and hits 50,000 miles, it is time to replace car’s suspension system components and get a wheel alignment.
What is Wheel Alignment?
Wheel alignment technically means adjusting the wheels to point straight ahead (toe), not to lean on either side (camber), and to maintain stability (caster) on the road. The main reason behind this alignment is to lessen tyre wear and to guarantee good driving experience.
In order for your vehicle to maintain proper wheel alignment the camber, caster, and toe-in all need to be aligned properly. Here is a brief overview of the camber, caster and toe-in:
- Camber: the angle of the tire from the top to bottom involves the angle of the wheels’ attachment and affects traction, handling, and cornering.
- Caster: the angle of the tire from the front to back inside the fender well (kick out similar to a front wheel on a bicycle) affects stability and steering ability.
- Toe: refers to the turning angle of the wheel. If the wheel points into the car body, that’s called “toe-in.” The opposite of that is referred to as “toe-out”. It affects stability, cornering, tire tread wear, and tire life.
Therefore wheel alignment keeps your vehicle running safely. If wheel alignment is off, tire life is shortened and car mileage performance also decreases. Proper wheel alignment plays an important role in performance of your vehicle.
Importance of Car Wheel Alignment:
- Smooth Ride: Wheel alignment can prevent your car from pulling to one side or to the other. As a result improves the performance of your car and give you a smooth and comfortable ride.
- Increase the tyre life: Wheel alignment protects your tyre from premature wear and tear of tyres. You need to get wheel alignment time to time so that your tyres last longer and maximize the tyre life.
- Safety first: Misalignment of tyres causes all sorts of risks. They cause wheel vibration giving you a risky and unsafe driving experience. So wheel alignment is necessary to experience a safe driving.
- Better Fuel Efficiency: Wheel alignment can save your money on fuel. It minimizes rolling resistance and your car doesn’t burn as much fuel in order to move forward.
- Reduce Vehicle Wear: Misalignment of tyres causes sterring and suspension system hit each time you bum a pothole on road. Sometimes certain areas of the systems take a harder hit when the tyres aren’t working together. Due to this many parts in the vehicle may wear.
How Often Should You Get a Wheel Alignment?
As a rule of thumb, you should have your wheel alignment checked every 50000 miles. However, there are certain times when you should get your alignment checked despite the number of kilometres you’ve travelled, including:
- If your vehicle takes a hits to another car.
- If you experience handling issues.
- When you replace or repair your steering or suspension.
COST OF WHEEL ALIGNMENT IN DUBAI
The average Car wheel alignment cost in Dubai is from AED 84.00 to AED 149.00. Bin Faris auto service based in Dubai UAE provides car wheel alignment, tire fitting and tyre balancing. Within promised time period, we can deliver these services. We provide high quality services in tyre repair. We are leading Dubai car service centre and have highly trained technicians for car repair.